BOB BRINKER FIX: This isn't a week I am doing an Interpretation of Moneytalk. I did listen to the programs, and there was no indication of any change in Bob's outlook. Specifically, the important points were as follows:
- Bob noted that the stock market is showing resiliency in the face of record high oil prices, with the S&P 500 only off 4% from its record high.
- Quality bonds are acting extremely well.
- The inflation data continues to be good with the latest data from the CPI and core PCE showing benign inflation.
- Bob expects the Fed to cut rates by 25 basis points at the October 30th
- Bob expects the trend of the dollar to be gradually lower.